5.03.2008

The Next Revolution

I just watched this video about the next Revolution we are experiencing as a society and culture. The last revolution was the Industrial Revolution, and the upcoming revolution has to do with interconnectivity of people and the power of the mind used during free time. Its a fascinating talk that really makes you think about the future and how things will be so much different for our children as they learn to interact and use their minds to contribute their knowledge to others for the good of all. I don't know if that makes sense.

The guy in the video talks about the man power or volunteer work force it takes to produce articles for Wikipedia, and talks about how this Revolution is occurring as people chose to use the internet rather than watch TV during their free time. The video is 15 minutes long, but good to watch if you have time.

4 comments:

Dallan said...

Great blog! I love this clip. Well worth the fifteen minutes (and the next 15 I will spend watching it again). For one thing, it made me feel so good about our family, and the way we have headed over the years.

And maybe you found a catch phrase for your blog: "A screen that ships without a mouse ships broken." I love it.

Judie & George said...

George and I also loved it. With mouse in hand, I want to say that I am so glad our leisure time is not comsumed by television. I do believe he right and the next generation does know that the catch phrase in dallan's comment is certainly true. We love our mouses, or is it mice?

Judie & George said...

not comsumed--consumed!

Kaferine said...

Very cool.