8.03.2017

Homeschool Day 3

Completed half of two math lessons. Complained they were taking him too long so I cut it short.

Did not answer any questions about the science section he read after I told him to skip the ones he didn't want to answer.

Lesson 1.3 in Spectrum Science - A Group Effort

keywords: system, organisms, interconnected

I quizzed him about what items in the room are systems. Pointed out Nintendo System, Plants, and told him he's part of the sewer system since he pees and poops in the toilet.

Lessson 1.5 & 1.6 Spectrum Math

Completed adding and subtracting 2 and 3 digits (renaming)


Sent an email to the district telling them my intent to homeschool him, and asked if they would like a Letter of Intent/Declaration from me or if they have something for me to fill out.

I also looked at purchasing other Spectrum workbooks since these seem to be working well.

According to the state, he needs to accomplish: reading, writing, spelling, language, math, science, social studies, history, health, occupational education, and art and music appreciation.

That's a lot of subjects, but they can intertwine. 

No comments: